Epson Workforce WF-3520 All-in-one not found
  • Hello, recent refugee from Windows, so pls be gentle! Anyway, Epson WF-3520 printer installed and functions great but just cannot get the scanning function connected/working on the wireless network. Tried using Simple Scan as well as Epson's own ImageScan! DId the tweaking with /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf to explicitly define the fixed IP address (192.168.1.4) of the printer/scanner, but no luck!!

Used EXACTLY same version of downloaded from Epson drivers bundle on Linux Mint Xfce 16.04.2 and works fine over there. I'm on latest LXLE 16.04.2 64-bit stable, 4.4.0-73 generic kernel. Suggestions please?
    Dual Boot
    LXLE 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
    Mint Xfce 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    turn off the firewall
    Thanked by 1scholar
  • WOW, it works!  And thanks for the quick response.  FYI, I was able to duplicate this problem over on my Mint Xfce system too! (The firewall was originally Off).  So this is a Gufw design issue or it's meant to be going forward? Just asking.

Btw, LXLE is fascinatingly great!  Very well thought out remix/distro and a great balance between aesthetics, efficiency and effectiveness, while just a bit edgy.  Perfectly designed between downright boring and wildly eccentric!!

Tx again!
    Dual Boot
    LXLE 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
    Mint Xfce 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    firewall is enabled by default.
  • WOW!!!  Thanks lxle.  I have been trying to get my scanner to work for weeks.  Can't begin to estimate how many hours I have literally wasted away.  But your 4-word ("Turn off the firewall") totally solved the problem.  Simple Scan now see both of my scanners as does Xsane.  I only wish that Epson's proprietary scanning program (ImageScan) worked, which it still does not, but now that I have Xsane, I don't really need it.  

One final question, though:  Do I have to turn my firewall off every time I want to use my scanner?

Thanks again.