16.04.2 RC Available for download..
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I was working on this release candidate, trying to get it done before my surgery. Then my surgery was bumped up a few days and well, I had to do what I had to do and thankfully everything went well. As a positive side effect LXLE has seen a lot of attention this release, many long term wants that never found the time before suddenly had plenty of it.

Hopefully this turns out to be one of the best releases of the system ever. As of this writing however, this version is only the 'Release Candidate'. Meaning it shouldn't change much or at all when finally released but there are some things that still need to be done. Mostly documentation.

What's New?

Menu Layout - reconfigured for cleaner, less cluttered navigation.
    Control Menu - completely reworked to act as a dynamic 'Control Panel'.
    Consistency - theme tweaks throughout the system for a more uniform look.
    Proposed - Fixed 'proposed' Ubuntu repository not being included by default.
    Zenburned - Zenburn theme used as inspiration for custom terminal color scheme.
    QT+gtk - forced gtk theme adaptation for stubborn qt based default applications.
    Languages - Installer slideshow and custom menu entries have been fully translated.

What needs done?

Wiki - needs updated for new release with added instructions, howto's.
    Screenshots - installer slideshow screenshots still using beta pictures.
    Testing - more testing on users installing drivers and switching languages.
    Menus - need user testing, installing, uninstalling apps, adding to panel, etc.

Below is a screenshot showing some of the updates. Download is available below.

http://lxle.net/images/16042rc.png

Download 32bit Release Candidate
    Download 64bit Release Candidate
  • pemartinspemartins
    PMPosts: 91
    I hope that any health issues you are having will very soon be nothing more than stories to tell the friends during happy get alongs, I wish you the best and to get well soon!

And thank you very much for the rc, will try to check it out as soon as possible.
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • rgloverglove
    PMPosts: 38
    Definitely, get well soon.
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • Anonymouse52Anonymouse52
    PMPosts: 170
    Glad to report the problem with seeing Lubuntu 14.04 install slides while installing using uk/gb kbd/language appears to be fixed now; I'm seeing the LXLE slides as expected during install.