working on new release
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    what a pos the last release was, as far as unforeseen issues arising from new software and forced changes due to LXDE's apparent suicide wishes. Needless to say things need fixed. My own stupidity with saving space on the iso resulted in a complete language mess, while new things like the update manager would occasionally rip things out that it shouldn't... sometimes big changes equal big messes that need cleaned up before it's all it can be.. happens big and small and last release was no different... just about all the suggestions made in the forums to correct errors will be applied... because that's a true community distro...

so.... we'll see how it goes... looking good so far.
    Thanked by 1pemartins
  • You call it a pos, but it was that release that introduced me to LXLE and made me fall for it head over heals! So don't worry, it was still and awesome release!

I couldn't resist and made some more suggestions about apps that I use that really add value to my LXLE, check them out here http://www.lxle.net/forums/discussion/comment/5741#Comment_5741 and maybe there's something in there that you would like to include in the next LXLE.

Once again I thank very much for all your work!

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    There is going to be some weight added to the iso, the system will remain light but the added languages and printer support will not come without cost.
  • Looking forward to it.  Keep up the good work and thank you.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Are you sure these are all LXLE issues? The update that removes printing and other packages, has been documented in other distos using 16.04. If you ask me I think there are a lot of upstream issues with ubuntu 16.04. Hence I'm still using LXLE 14.04.

I do like what you've done with 16.04, but the upstream stuff is causing me issues, so I'm  waiting until some bugs are fixed. I have it installed on a second partition ready to be used.