LXLE Screensaver
  • IntrexgrpIntrexgrp
    PMPosts: 21
    When I go to preferences there is no screen saver option. How do I set up a screensaver.Total Linux newbie so take it easy on me please.
    thanks in advance for your help.
    Craig
  • I have same question tonight.  I want to turn the screensaver off, and can't find out how.  Thanks.
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    check help file in accessories.
  • I figured out the Screenlocker option.  I have this unchecked from "default applications on Lxle".  however the screen still blanks after 10 mins while i'm watching a movie.   i don't understand if it's a setting in powermanagement (tlp or Upower)... or if it's somewhere simpler.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    laptop?
  • laptop yes and it's plugged in...  
  • I want a solution to this issue.  I use a desktop.  There is no visible option to control when the screen dims.  I would like to delay that to an hour.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    The Answer seem to be here. Scroll towards bottom.
  • The explanation at the bottom is confusing.  How do I set things up so that screen saver doesn't appear until after 1 hour?
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    I believe what that does is turn off screen blanking. If you want the screensaver to run after an hour, open the screensaver from the menu and change settings to your preferences. To easily control screen dimming install xfce4-power-manager.