Restore lost applets or widgets
  • I have two similar, but different issues with applets.

First, a friend that I have been trying to help somehow deleted the main application launch bar panel, (or is it a task bar?), which was installed at the bottom of the screen.  I successfully restored the panel, and most of the items I thought it came with, but could not find "Quick Launch", "Hide/Show Info", "Weather", and "Waste Management".  Where do I find those items, or how do I restore them to the panel?  The version is 16.04.1

Second, on my own computer, which runs 12.04.5, the weather widget (or applet, or whatever it is) wasn't working, so I deleted it, (with Synaptic, I think), but it left behind its icon in "Accessories" menu.  I'd like to clean that up, if possible.  Is there a way?  I'd even like to install a weather app that works, but from what I've read, most weather apps don't work in Linux.  Suggestions?  I know that's a different issue, so should I open a new thread for that?

Thanks,
    Westport
  • The Start menu entries under Office for Addresses, Calendar, and Composer (all Seamonkey components) cannot seem to be removed.  I've deleted them in the Menu Editor and also uninstalled Seamonkey browser, but those entries are still there?!
    Dual Boot
    LXLE 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
    Mint Xfce 16.04.2 64-bit Stable
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Looks like the custom icons are stored in two locations, nice catch. Will clean that up next release. For now the following will do the trick...

open a terminal and enter

sudo rm -f /usr/share/applications/scalendar.desktop /usr/share/applications/scompose.desktop /usr/share/applications/saddress.desktop
    Thanked by 1scholar
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads