Display problem upon waking from sleep mode
  • I just completed an install of LXLE 16.04 (64bit) for a friend on their desktop computer.  I had a couple of bugs right after the installation, which I have worked out, but here's a new one I have no idea how to address.  The system works fine, but if left unattended, the computer goes to sleep, or maybe it's just the screen saver kicking in.  When you return to the computer, it wakes up normally, but the display is all messed up.  It's hard to describe, but the word which comes to mind is "pixelated'.  The image is there, but it's just a lot of big squares.  Because of this you cannot access any of the menu items with the mouse, so it's necessary to manually shut the computer off and restart it.  Then, everything is fine...until the computer goes to sleep again, (or maybe it's when the screen saver kicks in?).  Ideas anyone?
  • I think I found the solution in another thread, so I am marking this 'Solved' for now.  Is there a way to delete a thread once I have opened one like this?
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads