LXLE is really great, but could be even better ......
  • I think LXLE is great, it is an wonderful, amazing operating system.

So congratulations on a job very well done! it is very fast and quite complete out of the box
    I would suggest a few things to make LXLE even better.

I previously used to use Xubuntu and there are a few things I miss in LXLE. what I understand is that LXLE is derived from Lubuntu and enhanced.

Things I miss in LXLE are:

·         An easy way to set the power settings for screen and machine, like blank after....., sleep after....., switch off after ..... and system settings like suspend etc.

·         Also I am missing an easy way to create a launcher on the desktop, I know there is the lxshortcut command, but that is more cumbersome.

But For the rest I must say, a job very well done, I am really impressed.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    be sure to check the help file in the accessories menu.
  • Thank you for your reply.

I did check this help file.
    I managed to delay the Lock Screen for a long time, that was relatively easy.

What I found out is that the power setting are handled via UPower.
    I read the manual, there is a command line tool.
    But it looks to me like there is no easy way of setting the parameters like blank after....., sleep after....., switch off after ..... and system settings like suspend etc.
  • lxlelxle
    tlp handles power management it is on by default, altering those setting will be what you're looking for I think.
  • Thank you for the reply.

Is there an easy way of doing this? Is there a graphical interface? I briefly looked into TLP power settings, and it seems rather tricky to me.
  • lxlelxle
    the default setting of tlp are pretty good for most people. It's meant to be automatic. You could remove it entirely and install something like xfce power manager for something with a GUI... albeit it will add substantial weight to the system.
  • I understand.
    LXLE is pretty fast. Maybe an idea for the future, an easy graphical program to adjust the power settings of TLP