Better power management tool
  • greetings!

I realize that we are using the xfce power manager, but has anyone used anything different? Is there anything like jupiter? or TLP (although Id rather enjoy a GUI)? I am missing the enhanced power manager for my toshiba that I had with windows. Ill be honest its the only thing I miss.

~MU
    ~MU

Running LXLE on a Toshiba Satellite L65006Q 4GB RAM
    "A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." George S. Patton
  • I just installed LXLE....where is the xfce power manager btw?  thanks

DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64/LXLE x64
    DΞLL Vostro 3350 Nirvana: 13 inch NB w/ IntelSSD// W8Px64 (Work;Games)
    Nexus 4 //Android
  • Never mind, I installed it.
    DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64/LXLE x64
    Nexus 4 //Android
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Power management can be done through the screensaver settings and the qshutdown settings, these choices where made to keep the system resouces at idle down. xfce-power manager currently uses abou 20+ megs at idle to handle power management. A batter indicator/monitor was also added in system tools.
  • My only niggle with this spin, even given the purpose of a small memory footprint, is power management.  To me that's something that can't be compromised.  But I guess as long as your cpu is throttling and the screen powers down that's what old computers may want.  But, hmmmm....I'll shut up!  :)
    Nexus 4 //Android
  • lxlelxle
    It hasn't been compromised, its simply done differently,and xfce power manager can alway be installed.
  • Just a thought, but you put in an install script for Steam, when gaming is very resource intensive....why not give us a power manager option that corrects that Autostart dialog?  I mean other than qshutdown?  Like xfce2-power-manager?  Anyway, not my call but this is a suggestion thread. :)
    Nexus 4 //Android
  • lxlelxle
    Steam isn't running in the background at all times, and I had a lot of request from gamers to add it since they seem to be using lxle on their systems to save resources to get better frame rates and graphics on their boxes.