Lite browser?
  • Is there a way to look this kind of stuff up?
    Sea Monkey is alright, but it doesn't like CBS.com, plus for various reasons I turn to Chrome, but there's been no love lost between me and it, both on my Mint system, and my previous Mac. I'm liking Vivaldi, and thinking of installing it on the new computer (the one with LXLE), but wondering ifn its too heavy. It does run nicely on my Mint system, much better than Chrome, but it takes Chrome extensions and can import Google accounts (plus FireFox and others), so I don't have to give up the add ons I'm used to.

What browsers do y'all like?
    --
    Seph Harrison
    A figment of his own imagination
    @Taur10 on Telegram
    @TaurTen on Twitter
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    it's a memory hog, i have found seamonkey to be the lightest most full featured browser out there, it also provides a lot of the additional functions/programs of lxle. seamonkey addons section is pretty big but i also rely on the firefox to seamonkey converter if something isn't available directly from the seamonky addons section... its in the seamonkey bookmarks.
  • lxlelxle
    if you are having a problem with a particular site with seamonkey try turning off the bluhell firewall
  • binbin
    PMPosts: 41
    Just pulled down the latest Seamonkey 2.46 from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/candidates/2.46-candidates/build6/linux-x86_64/en-US/

It seems pretty good - I see from their blogs that they are having a few problems getting 2.46 out of the door though.

• lxlelxle
    ya, they are a super small team, i wish others would offer more support for seamonkey, i think it's a great browser.