Who are you?
  • Heh, been watching B5, so I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, there's not a lot to tell about me, I'm 44, work in retail, a proofreader, editor and sometimes writer. Gayish, that's hard to explain and off topic.

I started playing with computers 35 or so years ago. I've used C64, Mac (1 st gen and up), PCs (MS Dos 2.20, 3.11 and various Windows flavors) and various other computers too. I've worked on old data terminals, played with Android, currently have to Galaxy Tab II's both running Cyanogen mod, use an Android based watch phone, the latest in a line of Chinese phones that are cheap and perfect for gadget lovers.

My main system is an old eMachines D525 running Mint 17.3 & Cinnamon, which is better than Ubuntu, but I'm not all that taken with it. LXLE is running on my latest purchase, a very, very low spec Lenovo N22 that cost a whopping $149 on Woot, purchased to replace the bigger of my Galaxy Tabs. LXLE wasn't my first choice, Tahr Pup 64 was, but I couldn't get a working install thanks to a less than user friendly installer, so on to choice two, and I can't be happier. Performance has been outstanding, the only negatives being the lock screen, dealt with, though I'm going to install Caffeine if I can and see how that works out, along with an interface that's going to take some getting used to. Oh, and the package store doesn't like me.

••Tips his hat•
    Any how, I'll be around these parts, and prolly I'll use LXLE on my next computer, I'm planning to build a mini-ITX or mini-STX in a Commodore 1541 case.
    --
    Seph Harrison
    A figment of his own imagination
    @Taur10 on Telegram
    @TaurTen on Twitter
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    always run your updates before you vist the software center to ensure your libraries are up to date.