Eclectica 16.04.1 Release Candidate 64 & 32 bit
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The 64bit and 32bit of 16.04.1 Release Candidate is available for download.

Some simple notes as this is an RC and not the release announcement. Canonical has not officially released 16.04.1 and while this is the RC and will most likely just be updated and checked one more time before the actually release. The wiki documentation is still not complete. It will be when officially announced.

Here are some of the features in this release.
    Btrfs file system base
    Auto detect dual monitors
    Expose like window picker
    Lightweight app launcher
    i3lock screen with autoblur
    'Aero' window snap feature
    Enhanced menu speed
    Assistive Technology apps
    Detailed startup splash
    Random Wallpaper &
    Interval Wallpaper changer
    Terminal based Weather app
    Mate & Mint app additions
    Condensed 'Control Menu'
    uCareSystemCore update manager
    Security updates are auto installed

File Manager Extensions:
    Open as root
    Set as wallpaper
    Right click check md5sum
    Right click desktop trash empty

LXLE is more than a slightly altered Lubuntu or LXDE system based on Ubuntu. Each program if need be is customized for style, features and efficiency. SeaMonkey and it's components are a good example of this. Not every program is altered but all programs are inspected, if their default states fit the bill it's left alone. If not it's adjusted accordingly.

There is a difference in file size between the 32bit and the 64bit, this is due to some packages naturally being larger for the 32bit version. The 32bit was built twice from scratch resulting in the same exact size. The iso's are the same.

Download 64bit

Download 32bit

http://lxle.net/images/1604desk.png
  • LummerLummer
    PMPosts: 7
    anyway to force this upgrade via command line?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    software always updates, the layout design and included packages do not.
    Thanked by 1iduhkno
  • LummerLummer
    PMPosts: 7
    ok so how do i update to 16.04.1?
  • @Lummer when the final LXLE 16.04.1 isos are released you'll be able to do an install from the Live session...
  • oldhackoldhack
    PMPosts: 11
    I installed the 64bit 16.04.1 rc THREE TIMES! I have found that using menu-edit "Menulibre' it completely wrecked the program organization. It re-arranges most of the applications and files into new categories with the consequence that many of the programs (including pcmanfm) will not open from the task bar icons.
    Maybe you are already aware of this but those who are not, be warned!
    o.
    Thanked by 1Anonymouse52
  • Yeah, just playing opening and closing Menulibre I found it exposed some new items and hid others; it exposed these items: Electronics, Hamradio, Other (plus categories), Debian, and then hid the Control Menu from the main menu drop down list...I have a screenshot image which I'll get in here somehow of this in Menulibre...
  • oldhackoldhack
    PMPosts: 11
    Yes, I experienced the same result.I suspect the ' menulibre' app is a previous (older) version and maybe needs updating?
    I have deleted this rc.1 version ( I just don't have the time to 'work' on it) and will wait until the final distribution release arrives