Im back with a new issue guys
  • dsx122dsx122
    PMPosts: 11
    *tl:dr at bottom
    alright so i loved lxle so much the first time i used it i decided i wanted to get it again but this time on a laptop more specifically a Lenovo G50-45.now when i first started the Linux endeavor on this laptop i understood it was an UEFI bios, though i also understood that i had to shut it off. I first got Ubuntu 16.04 it sounded neat. Absolutely hated it. its more of a tablet type OS. then i thought hey LXLE was always good to me maybe i should revive my new PC. so as i downloaded the files and all of the stuff i need dto i was so excited. it finished i wrote the image to a USB and booted from there. I started the install. Copying Files it said, after i told it to boot alongside Windows Boot Manager. then Almost Finished Copying files. Then it did it configuration and finishing up things. then it said installing boot loader, configuring Grub2, Installing Grub2, and then it locked up momentarily. the next thing i saw was an error "'grub-efi-amd64-signed' package failed to install into target. without this system will not boot" so i redownloaded LXLE. and i tried again the same thing then i thought to my self LXLE has always had GREAT support not just from the community but from the moderators and what better way to get info than from those who built it.

so now i ask how would one go about installing thee 'grub efi amd64 signed' package?

tldr tried ubuntu 16.04  hated it got LXLE can't install a bootable copy need to know how to install grub-efi-amd64-signed package
  • Install LXLE in legacy mode first, then use Ubuntu or rEFInd to set up UEFI afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0-UmIoVajg

Trinidad

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    If I get the videos done today, then I'll release the 64bit beta, it's already been uploaded to sourceforge, it just isn't available to the public yet.
  • iduhknoiduhkno
    PMPosts: 161
    @lxle  congrats.  Can hardly wait to test it.  Will download on Monday, if it is available to public by then.  Got two perfect test boxes just raring to go.
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit