Sound problem
  • I tried LXLE12.04.3 from the Linux Format disk over the top of my existing set up and was able to play music through my CA 106 Soundblaster Analog surround after using PulseAudio Volume control to show the Soundblaster as the output..

I then installed the operating system as a replacement for Mint as I was impressed.

I now find that the same settings in the Guayadeque Music player show that output is being produced but no sound through the speakers.

I seem to remember that some years ago when I first installed Linux on this desktop that I had similar problems but I cannot remember how they were solved.

Any advice appreciated.

IanRH

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Did you go back into the pulseaudio volume control? You might want to check the obvious stuff, because it still gets me sometimes, like is the volume muted, or down to zero. Is the soundblaster card muted in pulseaudio volume control, etc etc.
  • I don't know if this problem has been solved but I had a similar problem once. I reset the sound controls as suggested but no joy. Then I repeated it and restarted - no joy.
    Finally, I adjusted the the sound -settings again, went to youtube-no joy. I stayed in youtube, switched off my speakers and switched them on again, viola,for some reason it worked fine !