• brinybriny
    PMPosts: 11
    hi, i'd like to install touchfreeze as it's brilliant for stopping the
    cursor jumping around while typing. but all i got from the terminal is
    this :Package touchfreeze is not available, but is referred to by
    another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source.
    can anyone help me find where to download and how to install this if possible? thanks briny
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    See if you can go to there web site and can get more info, they might have a path to the linux download.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • boruncoborunco
    this looks like it's a windows software. That will not work, If you are a windows user, you need to know that almost all things in windows will not work in Linux. You can easy Google for info.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • brinybriny
    ah, OK. thanks for your advice. there is a ubuntu version but not sure how to install as it's a tar.bz file? I notice in the synaptics package manager there are various packages to control the touchpad. there are about six versions there, beginning with xserver xorg sys 1.8.1 unbutu. do you know which one of these i could install to fix the problem (if at all)? thanks, briny
  • boruncoborunco
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • brinybriny
    Borunco, you're a genius! Ran the sudo script, had to do it three times as didn't realise you had to do it in three stages. then thought it hadn't worked as the touchpad toolbar had to be enabled - but it works! Great. thanks, very much - saved a lot of frustration. Briny
  • boruncoborunco
    Glad to hear it, have fun.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit