Resolution is set to 800*600
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Find more help.
  • faizfaiz
    PMPosts: 37
    hello admin
    I just installed LXLE on Asus eeepc and everything works just fine. There is just one problem which I cant solve. The display resolution is set to 800*600 and when I went to change saw that is the only resolution available.
    I tried to see if there is xorg.conf but there is none. Can you please tell me how do I make it 1024*768 at least?
    (and probably other popular resolutions)

I am not an expert so please advice lucidly.

thank you for an excellent OS otherwise.
  • @faiz: what is your exact model type/number for your Asus eeepc?
  • faizfaiz
    Hello anon52, thanks for the links. My model is 1015CX, exactly the same in the first link you provided.

I can see two additional drivers available. SHould I go ahead and install those?
  • lxlelxle
    Are the additional drivers showing up in synaptic or in the 'additional drivers' tool located in your preferences menu, or both?
  • faizfaiz
    I guess only in "additional Drivers"
    Howver one is for DKMS support, which I guess is for Kernel. correct me if i am wrong here.
    Other is a Broadcom Wireless driver.
  • lxlelxle
    Try the DKMS support.
  • faizfaiz
    @LXLE
    Fresh install of LXLE and the DKMS driver made me laptop unbootable. Tried twice. However using this formula, http://www.thefourtheye.in/2013/04/ubuntu-screen-custom-resolution.html I could add 1024*768 to the available modes but I cant use it.The moment I select it and press Apply or Save, it automatically goes back to 800*600.

• faizfaiz
    Waiting for a patch soon mate. Meanwhile, I hope to write a nice review of this wonderful distro soon.

Why dont you add the tag 'Netbook' in your Distrowatch account. This is tagged for 'old computers' but works equally well for netbooks. May be with the patch coming soon, this will be an ultimate netbook distro.

Shall do my best to promote this distro like I did to make Fuduntu reach top slots. :)
  • faizfaiz
    @LXLE
    If this helps, the output of xrandr -q is "xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output defaul" and then it shows 800*600 etc etc
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads