A dream come true
  • sidkasxsidkasx
    PMPosts: 5
    I had been experimenting with a lot of distros and using Lubuntu since mid January. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed LXLE 14.04.3 64-Bit on my 7 years old PC on a completely formatted hard disk as the standalone operating system. I created a 4 GB swap, 50 GB root partition and rest as home partition. I am quite impressed by everything in LXLE. It's like, I had been looking for a lightweight and speedy distro that works out of the box. it is indeed a dream come true. Here's what I have liked about LXLE so far:

1. The pre-installed applications are must-haves on any Linux OS. LXLE saves users (especially newbies) from the hassle of finding and installing the necessary applications.

2. The layouts are quite impressive. I'm using the GNOME 2 layout.

3. The inclusion of the app-specific PPAs is another good thing about LXLE. it ensures that all applications are kept updated to their latest version.

4. The wallpapers and the wallpaper changer are a delight. I'm surprised to know that the wallpaper changer is not an app, it's just a command that changes wallpapers randomly. I liked all of the wallpapers and I have added more to the collection.

5. This is my first 64-bit distribution and I'm happy that my computer runs it very fast and without any trouble at all. LXLE is very fast and stable :)

For me, LXLE means "Lightweight & eXciting Linux Experience" ;)

And I almost forgot to say "Thanks" for inviting me to the forums :)
  • Thanks for sharing.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit