Development Build Available
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    All desktop versions of LXLE are now available for beta testing.

Only minor changes in this version such as polish, theme cohesion, browser enhancements and bug squashing.

Just two small software changes occurred. The first was replacing Xsane scanner with Flegita to provide a simpler interface with some nice options for scanning while also integrating with Gimp.

Xscreensaver was replaced with light-locker since Xscreensaver had been causing conflicts with Winpick. Switching to light-locker seems to have resolved that while also freeing up some ram.

LX-Colors themes for openbox/gtk is now standard, providing numerous elegant themes for the LXDE desktop. LXLE now uses the LX-Mixed theme as it's default system wide look. The elementary icon set has also been updated system wide, this includes the default icon set used in Libreoffice, etc. The login screen was also adjusted to match the new theme.

SeaMonkey received a fair amount of attention. Streamlining extensions while adding features such as a user defined and configurable dynamic startpage/new tab location. Video streaming was also addressed to ensure quality video streaming with a focus using fewer resources.

System event sounds were re-enabled using the appropriate gstreamer / pulse audio libraries as the alsa to gstreamer backend was no longer working as intended.

On a personal note, development has been hindered as I am forced daily to use my opposite hand to control my mouse as I've finally developed, probably long overdue, carpal tunnel in my wrist. While ambidextrous, I am unpracticed so while still 'fast' I'm not quite as 'fast'.

I've also found myself fairly heavily involved with our new set top box the Mad Catz Mojo android platform. It's been better than expected and sucking up a considering portion of my time. Its pretty awesome and I'm considering giving it a formal review.

Outside of that the usual is always appreciated which are bug reports, solutions, ideas and pointing out any silly errors that may have been overlooked so all can be addressed before release.

All software has been updated to their latest stable release given what is available in their relative repositories/ppa's. The betas/pre-release can be found here on Sourceforge.

Thanks,
    Ronnie

Screenshot

http://www.lxle.net/images/newpr.png
  • ScottScott
    PMPosts: 20
    Downloading now, appreciation for all the hard work!
    Thanked by 1Anonymouse52
  • Is this right now updated with the changes close to release? http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/LXLE-97647.shtml
    Thanks
    When will the real be ready. I'm testing now but want to know if this will be the final

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • lxlelxle
    No it's a development build. In other words, this is an idea of what the final base/product will be.
  • Try to keep me in the loop.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • lxlelxle
    I updated the beta again last night, I'll probably switch them out this evening. I usually don't make multiple announcements about betas, since they are a work in progress. Not sure what is different this time around but the OS is shaping up nicely.
  • I haven't tried the 'beta' yet. I am not sure about the changes, primarily Flegita and also the previous change to Seamonkey.
    Seamonkey is causing some difficulties with some of my 'cloud' banking and Investment servers. Chrome and Firefox however are not a problem.
    With Flegita it would seem the limitations in adjusting the output image size and the .png output format and even a 'preview' of the scanned image is not something I want.I am using Xsane because I use an HP printer/scanner and the HPLIP s/w.
    I will continue to use Lxle because it is such a good 'distro' however I will be changing out Seamonkey (for Firefox and Thunderbird) and continue to use Xsane.
    O.
  • lxlelxle
    Turning off bluhell firewall probably would have fixed the issue with the bank.