Long-Time User, First time Poster
  • davegrandavegran
    PMPosts: 16
    Hi Everybody,
    I've been retired to the backwoods of Wisconsin for the last 10 years. I have a computer degree but I never liked command lines 'cause my
    typing is so terrible...! LXLE is great for the typing-challenged like
    me.

We've been Using LXLE every day for several years on various machines and really like it. I've been able to load it on some very low specification machines to bring them back to a useful life. I loaded it on one that didn't even have a DVD drive by using a thumb drive. One of them is my wife's 32 bit computer. I keep LXLE updated and she uses it with no problem. Too bad there isn't a flavor of LXLE that would fit on a CD....

Anyway, LXLE has been trouble-free until a few days ago when I created a self-inflicted problem. I am mortified! I'll post what happened on the trouble-shooting section under, "Just Shoot Me Now".

Thanks,
    davegran

• Welcome aboard!
    Self Proclaimed LXLE Nut! My fastest box running LXLE is an 8 core i7 and my slowest is a P3 Dell. Lovin every minute of it!

HAK something!
  • Sorry to butt in, but I cannot even figure out how to post on this site.  Done it before, is there something wrong with me?  I know others who couldn't even sign up here either?
  • Top right corner of the page there is a button that says post new thread
    Self Proclaimed LXLE Nut! My fastest box running LXLE is an 8 core i7 and my slowest is a P3 Dell. Lovin every minute of it!

HAK something!
  • For friends to sign up they have to request an invite on our mailing list here's the reason in this post

http://www.lxle.net/forums/discussion/899/invite-only-accounts#Item_1

HAK something!
  • pcpunkpcpunk
    PMPosts: 17
    Thanks ProSoundGuy finally figured it out myself, boy I feel stupid now?  I looked all over closely but in the wrong place!  Now I will proceed to get some stuff figured out.  Thanks, pcpunk
    Thanked by 1ProSoundGuy