Easiest way to change the loginscreen background wallpaper?
  • Does anybody know the easiest and fastest way to do this?
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656

Put your new image in there, name it lubuntu-default-wallpaper.png
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Newbie question - How can I remove most of the wallpapers? games?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Wallpapers are located in the pictures directory.

Removing any software can be done with either the software center or synaptic package manager.
    Thanked by 2rocks [Deleted User]
  • The answer provided is from 2013 and it is, as of my reply, 12/18/2022. I found it not to be accurate with the latest version of lxle. There isn't any lubuntu folder in the share folder. Should i create one? it seems odd since it isn't lubuntu but lxle. That raises another question,is lubuntu the same as lxle? I have used lubuntu but i just didn't find it to my liking as LXLE. In fact I've distro hopped so much and tried all distros from Absolute to Zorin but have decided to stay with LXLE.

Arch was too hard to install and i found mabox to be an excellent distro but there's a vpn i like that is easier to install on a debian/ubuntu based distro which brings me to LXLE, again. I used LXLE in the past but for some reason the release i was using at that time caused my laptop to go into a boot loop after an update. I even posted a question here on the forum but didn't receive a response so i had no choice but to keep hopping and along the way i learned a lot about linux and its many distros!

But i never forgot how fast LXLE was when it worked so i decided to try it again and its working great! 

If anyone knows how to change the wallpaper on the login page for the current release of lxle it would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!