How do I change a single icon for a single program on the panel?
  • I am asking calmly but I am, in fact, about 2 nanometers from strangling the next person that walks in the door.

All I want to do is change a f'ing icon. How hard can that be? I have changed the color of every ping I could find with that image and it's still the same. I have two programs that have the same icon and I need to be able to tell them apart.
  • CydCCydC
    PMPosts: 7
    I found it! After two - TWO - f'ing hours, I found what I was looking for in /usr/share/applications

For those coming off windows, that's similar to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Just open the file manager - unhide hidden files, hit the "up" button and go to /usr/share and then right click on the applications folder and "open as root". Right click on the program icon, hit properties and click on the icon to open the "change icon" box. But don't ask me where that icons folder is, because I don't know. But you can use your own image.

I needed to change the Vivaldi snapshot icon - which is the same as the icon for the stable technical version - so now I call the technical preview version "Vivaldi" and the latest snapshot version "Villanova" so I can keep them straight in my head and because I'm using the Villanova "V" as its icon.
    Thanked by 1lxle
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads