Distro hopper finally settling down
  • Hello all!

Long-time distro hopper, glad to finally find a distro that I can really call home and feel comfortable with. The speed, stability and elegance that this distro brings to my daily computer use is incredible. Thank you to all that are involved in making and maintaining this fantastic work.
  • spicymustardspicymustard
    PMPosts: 23
    I have to agree here. Love LXLE :)
  • It just feels so cohesive, I'm a bit curious to what exactly the bounty is asking for, just a centralized control panel to access the things in the system/preference menu items? I've been dabbling in fltk and python a lot lately and could use something to work on outside of tutorials.
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    >>It just feels so cohesive, I'm a bit curious to what exactly the bounty
    is asking for, just a centralized control panel to access the things in
    the system/preference menu items? I've been dabbling in fltk and python a
    lot lately and could use something to work on outside of tutorials.<<

I've been running 12.04 on several of my rigs and last week installed 14.04 on a new machine.  The Control Panel/Systems Settings area seems to be a Lubuntu issue on the 14.04 release.

When you 1st setup an install you have to tinker a bunch and the Control Panel is sorely missed as one must scroll through the menus.

There is not a great deal of chatter on the web pages regarding this and others have installed control center apps from different distross ~ and, I did try that but it wasn't the solution to the problem.

Lubuntu it seems is getting ready for a large switch in its fundamentals by switching to the LXQt/Qt environment versus the GTK+ environment currently used.  This means folks aren't working on maintaining or updating things as diligently as before.  I, like you, find it more than curious that such a centralized area for tweaking has been over-looked/omitted. 

C'est la Vie.
  • I've used LXLE for a while, but then switched off to some other distros (DistroWatch is one of my top ten bookmarks... of course... another is TDF, which is a whole nother ballgame, and I digress, but been a member of that forum for 10+ years)... Q4OS (which is not a half-bad attempt to get the TDE environment into a full-blown distro), and a few others... but then tried some "boutique" distros  like KodiBuntu, which is a crash-fest and a half, and Linux Mint (not to diss them, but Cinnamon kept on crashing on me), but then said "f--- it, I supported the LXLE developer for God-knows-how-long, I guess it's time to go home." So, downloaded an LXLE distro... never felt better...

The distro-hopping has ended for me too. Welcome to LXLE.
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    Good to here BootLoop.

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit