SeaMonkey 2.35 is available via updates.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Ubuntuzilla just pushed an update to SeaMonkey 2.35 through their repository/ppa. Everything seems to be working fine, however as expected Lightning Calendar will need updating once you update SeaMonkey. Running smooth here.
  • lxlelxle
    Once you update Lightning be sure to check addons for more updates so userstyles can also be updated, this will correct the statusbar icon positioning to accommodate the update the the SeaMonkey theme that came through.
  • Thanks for notifying about 2.35. Was on 2.33.1 and now upgraded.
  • lxlelxle
    Flies for me.
  • Persistence of memory issue.

Question:   I just installed 14.04.3, latest download yesterday.  Are all the updates you speak of above fixed, or do I need to do something to SeaMonkey?  Does the ppa you refer to get updated for me automatically in SPM from now on, or do I need to manually do something?  Thanks in advance.

I have the correct version:  2.35

Memory issue:   I notice that when I reboot my computer, and open SeaMonkey, and return to this Forum, my account is still logged in.  When I logged in originally, I asked SeaMonkey not to remember my account.

On another box, Seamonkey does the same thing with my gmail and facebooks account.  It remembers me, and launches with me logged in.  Does this need to be reported as a bug?  Two different boxes, similar behavior.

Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • lxlelxle
    its being stored in the browsers cache/cookies, if the cookies aren't set to expire in a certain amount of time or its within the range of the setting, when you revisited the site the cache/cookie information will be used to 'log' you in so to speak. When in actuality the browser/site believe you were just there and maybe close the tab for a moment.

Ubuntuzilla handle all seamonkey updates, no need for anything else, except making sure your plugins work with new versions.