RescaTux Rescue CD
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    An operating system isn't quite complete without a rescue CD/DVD/USB of some type. Not necessarily a 'reinstall' cd but a companion utility to help get you out of a bind from time to time.

After some research, I contacted RescaTux directly and asked whether it would be ok for us to recommended it to LXLE users as one of the primary ways to lend a hand to users in need.

RescaTux was happy to grant permission to offer it as a direct link on our download page as our official recommended rescue utility.

Rescatux is a Debian based live cd
    that lets you fix your GRUB1 and GRUB2 installations (as per Super
    Grub2 Disk lacks) but does much more. Here the are some of its features
    that will be explained in detail in the rest of the article:

http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    This is a very cool app. Thanks for sharing and making it part of LXLE. Downloaded from the site in torrent took 3 minutes. Wow, nice

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • ProSoundGuyProSoundGuy
    PMPosts: 34
    Wow!
    Great find!

Self Proclaimed LXLE Nut! My fastest box running LXLE is an 8 core i7 and my slowest is a P3 Dell. Lovin every minute of it!

HAK something!
  • boruncoborunco
    I just got to say, can't get enough of the video. h more I use it the more I like it.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Most excellent!
  • iduhknoiduhkno
    PMPosts: 161
    Good call to put subtitles on the video.
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • boruncoborunco
    I think the guy is totally hilarious. " Oh no how are we going to play mine-craft" Lol

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    LXLE 32bit
  • I regularly use Rescatux from a live dvd to order multiple linux distros on disks for other people who do not have Debian itself already installed to work from. It is the simplest (works from a GUI) and most reliably effective tool for arranging multi boot systems without using a terminal.
    Trinidad